Finally got my pledge from the Green Alliance kickstarter. I have to say that the casting on the miniatures is excellent. The Jeep which is the only vehicle I bought is outstanding and now I wish I had bought more. Anyway onto the pictures
One thing I would note is that I find the hero over large compared to the normal orcs, as you can see from this pic. Kind of makes me think of GW.
Finally got my Tau Barracuda finished for my Taros Campaign. Still have one more to paint along with two Tiger Sharks. Definitely a long term project. I managed to speed up the painting by using a Model Mates Sand Brown weathering dye which has given it the finish I wanted.
Over on the Lead Adventure Forum they have an Army Painter 2016 even. Which for people that sign up means they need to paint a unit of figures each month for six months and have an army at the end of it. I need the army for my long term project of the Siege of Minas Tirith so will give me the motivation to get it done. The army to consist of
Suladan on Horse 55 Haradrim Raiders 5 Mounted Serpent Guards 35 Haradrim Warriors (Inc command and probably some Serpent Guard on foot) 2 Mumakil (I need 3 for my siege project but I have one already painted) 25 Far Harad Warriors
Sorted out the figures
Have started building the Raiders, just need to decide whether to paint the horses separately or not.
I have queried the fact that the heat ray arms are both the same from the plastic sprue. It seems to make more sense to have one left handed one in resin which curves the other way. Got a fast response from Ironclad Games The kit with the arms is how AD made them so you have to modify and arm. Should be too hard and I will post pics when I do it. All I can say is Ironclad Games provide a much better service than AD
Here you can see the two heat ray arms
First I cut off the Heat Ray from one arm
Then I test fit the arms on the head. Stuck with blue tack
Then a put a pin in the heat ray
Then glue it to the arm. Seems to work ok and should be some wiggle room when attaching the arms to the head
At the moment still trying to de shine the dominator head so it can be painted as its very glossy. So far its had three scrubs in hot water and soap, a scrub with dettol, dishwasher cycle and its still shiney! I have put it in a bath of dettol for 48 hours to see if that works.
Finally got some paint on it but had to use several coats of Valejo surface primer to cover the head as it kept running off.